Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weekend Woes or Weekend Wahoos?

Have you ever finished a week and by Friday night you're ready to just chill out, change the pace, or even cheat eat? For the entire weekend! It's good to have rest but don't let your body and mind deceive you into "chilling" with the habits you are creating in E&E: exercise and eating.

This past weekend was a pretty big mental struggle for me. I had a big event on Friday night and by the time I got home I said to myself, 'I'm just going to stay in all day Saturday and recoup'. That's dangerous to my plan. I work so hard Monday through Friday to have structure in my new healthy lifestyle by planning my meals and getting to the gym, and I know that if I don't have a plan, I will munch on food all day and (choose to) forget about the exercise. So for me, Saturday was a bust. But by the time Sunday rolled around, I was refreshed by God's word at church and headed straight for the gym for a great workout. I planned my meals for the week and made two recipes ahead for the week out of my favorite Hungry Girl cookbook.

I had to remind myself that "messing" up by not eating right or not exercising isn't the end of the world, and we all know that it happens, but is that the kind of lifestyle I want to live-- where I can "mess up" on the weekends? I don't think so. I choose to stay strong and enjoy every day just as much as the one before. I want a Wahoo! weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment