Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Just Water, Please"

Have you ever found yourself out with friends or family at a restaurant and everyone is ordering drinks? And when the server comes to you, he or she asks, "What would you like to drink?". You answer, "Just water, please."

I found myself answering this way this past weekend. Then I began to wonder, why is it that I put the word 'just' in front of water? Do I use that phrase when I order a soda or another drink? "I'd like just coke please. Or just iced tea with lemon."

Water is the most important liquid our bodies rely on daily! Don't belittle it by 'just' ordering it. Be proud that you are first of all, making the wise decision to hydrate and second of all, not putting unnecessary calories and sugar into your body by choosing a different drink.

The next time you are out and about, order 'Water, please'.

1 comment:

  1. i never thought about it that way! We could apply this to almost everything!

    p.s. I am doing a giveaway for Reshaping it all! Visit my blog: http://fillmythirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete